Digital Stress? What is it?
Digital Stress is Stress caused by adverse interactions in Social Media, Texts, Chat rooms, or forums. Nowadays exists two classes of Digital Stress:
Class 1: Is a result of Cyberbullying.
Class 2: Anxiety transformed into a Stalker.
What are the signs and symptoms of Digital Stress?
- Anxiety or panic attacks.
- Indirect communication.
- Increased secrecy.
- Failing grades.
- Stomachaches, headaches not explained by a medical condition.
What’s Triggering about Social Media?
- They are seeing people posting about parties or events to which they haven’t been invited.
- There are feeling pressure to post positive and amazing content about themselves.
- There are feeling pressure to get comments and likes on their posts.
Tips for parents to avoid Digital Stress
- Manage cell phone and internet.
- Transform your Social Media in a model for your child.
- Discuss the risks of posting pictures and comments online.
- If you notice a change, open a non-judgmental dialogue with your child or seek professional help.
- Make a schedule with your child about the use of Social Media at home.
- Monitor their Social Media, only sometimes.
- Try not to fight with your child, try to understand the pressure, and help them.
You may like this video:
Doctor Consultation is now just a WhatsApp away!
☎️ +521 (624) 1043-910