What is the text neck?
The "text neck" is a physical condition caused by the excessive use of technology such as computers, smartphones, tablets or portable video games.
The constantly use of these devices causes:
- The head keeps tilted for a long time.
- The neck loses its natural curvature.
- Misalignment of the spine.
- Symptoms such as: headache, neck and shoulders.
Text Neck Effects:
Severe muscle pain and herniated discs or compression of the spine’s nerves.
Respiratory problems due to chronic pain around the neck.
Head weight increase, which is almost 5 grams per centimeter tilted forward relative to the straight posture of the body.
Arthritis at an early age.
Loss of lungs vital capacity up to 30%.
Shortness of breath may cause cardiology problems or arterial diseases.
Digestive problems caused by incorrect body posture.
- Try to do a little break every two hours.
- Improve body posture.
- Try to keep the device screens at eye level to avoid bending.
- Move the head from top to bottom and from side to side or in circles.
See also: 4 Signs of Bipolar Disorder You Should Know
Do not forget to review our content this week in our social networks.